Albertville Alabama History
Albertville is a city in the Huntsville - Decatur Combined Statistical Area to which Albertville belongs, and is home to the Alabama State Fairgrounds, the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham Medical Center as well as the US Air Force Academy. The Huntsvilles of Albert County, Alabama, with a population of about 1.5 million, are also among them.
Guntersville, the county town on the Tennessee River, has a population of nearly 700 and is home to the Normal School for the highest grades. It incorporates a number of general features of the counties that cluster along the north and south banks of the country, forming the great Alabama "grain belt."
Marshall County is rich in history, as the Trail of Tears ran through it, and in 1835 the country was so established that the event was duly celebrated in 1836. After the war, the Alabama Legislature chose the city as the site for the construction of the Alabama Power Company's first power plant. After that, industry grew and helped transform the region. Indeed, on January 1, 1837, after a year and a half of construction, it opened its first power plant on the corner of Worth Street and Broad Street.
In January 1908, the Alabama Harness Company negotiated a contract with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the distribution of illuminated electricity to the city of Huntsville, Alabama, for a grant of $1.5 million from the US Army Corps of Engineers. The deal failed to materialize, and in January 1909 surveyors completed the 1,500-mile relocation of the line to Huntsville between Gadsden and Guntersville. In January 1910, after surveying and classifying Gadden to Gunterville and the rest of Marshall County, the Tennessee and Coosa Railroad was re-chartered as the Tennessee Valley Railroad and attempted to reach an agreement to acquire the existing distribution facility at the old Alabama Power Company power plant in Alabama City.
The tornado tracks were in Gadden, Gunterville, Gadsden, Alabama City, Huntsville and Guntersville in Marshall County. Buildings have been damaged or destroyed, according to the National Weather Service and the Red Cross.
The storms brought between one and three inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service, which led to some flash floods. Many of the storms also resulted in heavy rains, causing significant damage in some areas, including Gadsden, Alabama City, Huntsville and Guntersville.
In 1919, the Alabama Legislature responded by requiring that all cases that occur in any part of the district be heard in the Albertville courthouse, in which case they would be heard.
The Alabama Monument Preservation Act of 2017 established a committee to consider moving historic monuments to another location every 20 to 40 years. Visit the museum and the above listed historical stops, as well as the two cemeteries where the city founders and soldiers of the Civil War are buried. Visit the 1883 Methodist Church cemetery in downtown Arab and the Albertville Cemetery (both within Marshall County), which includes the cemetery for the founder and his wife, both outside Marshall County.
It was built in 1931 and entered into the National Register of Historic Places on 21 June 1983. It is equipped with historical objects from the building. Together "describes the rural communities of North Central Alabama during the Depression and portrays them as rural communities in North and Central Alabama.
The WAC called the Marshall County News, and it was here that the idea for this report was born. It was published by James Peebles, who subsequently sold it to Judge B. F. Porter, but it is published here in its original form. In his younger years, the front page of the Marshall County Law Journal featured the name of a lawyer who worked at the bar. William Weeden Harrison, one of his first clients, first entered the practice at the Marshal County bar and was a successful practitioner there for several years. Harrison died on October 5, 1931, at his home in Albertville, Alabama, at the age of 65.
One of the first white men to settle in the county was John Gunter, a Scotsman who tracked down the Cherokee Indians and married a beautiful Indian girl.
Albertville, which is located on the border of the former Cherokee Creek state, was built at an intersection of several Indian trails. While the Kiowa and Comanche Indian tribes shared an area in the southern plains, the Native Americans in the northwest and southeast were limited to the Indian area in what is now Oklahoma. The area, which now includes Albertville, was inhabited and populated by Cherokee Indians until their expulsion to Oklahoma in the 1830s. After their expulsion from Oklahoma, the area of Alberta that includes Alberta was inhabited by Cherokees until the 1830s, then by the Cherokee Nation of South Dakota.
Guntersville is one of the oldest places in North Alabama and the most important point in the county. Marshall County is divided into two parts by a valley that divides it from northeast to southwest and is home to the city of Albertville.